Look Great Photo Tips
Business Headshots for Professional Women
Choosing a Jacket- Based on Your Industry and Your Style
1. Understand Your Industry and Personal Style:
Your choice of attire for a business headshot should reflect both your industry’s norms and your personal style. To stand out as a businesswoman, it’s crucial to be authentic in your choices. Consider how leaders and influencers in your field present themselves for important meetings and presentations. More importantly, consider what makes you feel comfortable and confident. Your clothing should match your personality and style.
Which style suits you best?
Beautiful colors and styling
Unique cuts and form fitting is flattering
Classic color, elegant fit
2. The Power of a Business Jacket:
For many businesswomen, a well-selected business jacket can be the cornerstone of a professional headshot. When choosing a jacket, focus on the following factors:
- Color Coordination: Select colors that complement your skin tone, hair color, and eye color. The right hues can enhance your natural features and make you appear more approachable and trustworthy.
- Flattering Cuts: Opt for jacket styles that flatter your figure. A well-fitted jacket can emphasize your professionalism and confidence. Consider consulting with a tailor if necessary to ensure a perfect fit.
- Comfort is Key: A jacket that feels comfortable is just as important as its appearance. If your jacket is too tight or too baggy, it can affect both your appearance and your confidence during the photo session. Take the time to explore your closet or go shopping to find a jacket that not only looks great but also feels comfortable when you wear it.
3. Authenticity and Business Jacket Alternatives
If you’re among those individuals who rarely wear (or don’t own) a suit jacket, there’s no need to force yourself into one just for a professional headshot. Wearing something that feels unnatural can significantly impact your facial expression and body language. I’ve had clients who brought suit jackets to their sessions, and it was evident that it wasn’t their style. Once they shed the jacket, their entire demeanor transformed. Authenticity is key to looking and feeling your best. Fortunately, there are numerous alternatives to convey your personal brand and project a confident and authentic professional image.
Posing Guidance and Feeling Comfortable in Front of the Camera
4. Accessorize with Confidence:
In addition to your jacket, consider accessorizing your outfit with jewelry or scarves that align with your personal style. Be mindful not to overdo it – simplicity often works best in a professional headshot.
5. Consult a Seattle Headshot Photographer:
For a truly stunning business headshot, consider collaborating with a professional Seattle headshot photographer who specializes in capturing the essence of businesswomen. This is where I can help you! I provide expert guidance on clothing, poses, and lighting, ensuring your headshot aligns perfectly with your professional goals.
In summary, preparing for your business headshot involves a thoughtful selection of attire that suits both your industry and personal style. A well-chosen business jacket, coordinated colors, and comfortable cuts can make all the difference in creating a powerful and authentic professional image. By following these tips you’ll be well on your way to a captivating business headshot that leaves a lasting impression. If you’re thinking about updating your business headshot, send me an email or text text me and we can design a personalized photography session for you.